A leading company in the development of green hydrogen and biomethane projects
Who we are
Enagás Renovable has a portfolio of over 30 specific projects in Spain in the field of renewable gases and decarbonization, representing one of the largest European platforms in this area.
Currently, the shareholding structure is composed of Enagás (60%), Hy24 – a joint venture formed by Ardian and FiveT Hydrogen – (30%), Pontegadea (5%), and Navantia – SEPI – (5%).
We promote the development of renewable gases to achieve a carbon-neutral economy. In this way, we build every day, in collaboration with our partners, a cleaner and more sustainable energy model for all.
We are committed to sustainability, and we promote decarbonization through the development of renewable gases, focusing on:
- An energy transition that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) approved by the United Nations, particularly in relation to the fight against climate change and the generation of new opportunities for economic, social and environmental development.
- An energy model built in collaboration with all stakeholders and with society as a whole, in order to address together the existing challenges in all areas of sustainability.
- A society that favors inclusion, equality, equity and development.
We foster innovative solutions and promote a quality work environment and professional relationships:
Innovative solutions based on renewable gases, with a focus on decarbonization, circular economy and sustainability.
The creation of economic, social and environmental value in the environment and with a forward-looking vision.
A quality work environment based on respect, equality, diversity, and personal and professional development.
Enagás Renovable has an experienced and dedicated management team with deep knowledge of the sector, which has worked on the origination and development of the projects:
1 Experienced management team with a solid track record in the renewable gases sector.
2 Experience in project origination and development.
3 Global vision of the entire value chain.
4 Full knowledge of the sector, institutional relationships and regulatory development.
5 Innovative mindset in project development.
Our management team
- Over 20 years of experience in the energy sector, holding various positions of high responsibility at Enagás: Director of LNG Terminal Business Development & M&A Director Transformation Director Member of the Trans Adriatic Pipeline Board.
- He also served as Chief Transformation & Green H2 Officer (2017 – June 2022), creating Enagás Renovable.
- Creation, under his leadership, of Axent, a telecommunications operator, and Enagás Services Solutions, which offers specialized consulting, engineering, and O&M services.
- Member of several boards of directors and Chairman of the Axent Board.
COO and Business Development Director
- Over 20 years of experience in project management in the energy sector, leading technical functions for various projects (over €600 millions of CAPEX).
- Global vision of project value chains, both at the operational and business levels (contract management, stakeholder management, and negotiation with partners).
- Leadership in the area of commercial development and business, first in charge of Enagás Services Solutions’ activity and currently in Enagás Renovable.
Chief Financial Officer
- Over 25 years of experience in finance, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Extensive professional development as CFO in the real estate sector (Corestate Capital and Heracles Investissement) and as director of corporate development and investor relations in the infrastructure and engineering sector (Isolux Corsán Group).
- Extensive knowledge in financial due diligence projects, having worked at EY for over 10 years for various clients (corporate and private equity).
- Over 18 years of experience in the renewable energy sector, having developed most of her career at Enerfin Sociedad de Energía, S.L. (Elecnor Group), responsible for managing all legal and corporate matters of the company.
- Extensive knowledge in legal operations of mergers and acquisitions, as well as investor relations (drafting and negotiating agreements).
- Leadership in corporate secretarial and legal advisory services in relation to the development, execution, and O&M of wind energy projects.
People, Sustainability & General Services Director
- Over 20 years of experience in the energy sector, mainly serving as financial controller in the Finance Department of Enagás.
- Coordination of the economic information of different business units (Digitalization & IT, Innovation, Third-Party Services & Green Hydrogen and Biomethane) as a transformation manager since 2018 at Enagás.
- Leadership in the planning and economic control of Enagás Renovable’s execution from its inception.
Head of Business Development
Head of Project Management
Mónica Sánchez S.
Head of Project Management
Ramón de la Iglesia
Head of Project Management
Head of O&M
Head of Procurement
José Luis Martínez
Head of Commercialization
Head of Planning and Financial Controlling
Enagás Renovable has presence throughout the entire value chain of projects: development, production, distribution, O&M, and commercialization.
The renewable gas projects driven by Enagás Renovable comply with five main criteria:
Strategies and partnerships
Enagás Renovable considers collaboration between companies a pillar of its corporate strategy in order to promote the development of renewable gases and contribute to achieving a carbon-neutral economy.
In this way, we work in collaboration with our partners to build a cleaner and more sustainable energy model for all, as well as to establish synergies, minimize risks, and join common efforts.
We also participate in the main associations (at national and European level) and maintain a direct relationship with the relevant bodies and municipalities.
Ethics & Integrity
One of our priorities is to ensure the ethical behaviour and integrity of our professionals, as well as of third parties with whom we interact. In this regard, we have a Code of Ethics and Conduct that describes the behaviour expected of all professionals, regardless of their responsibilities.
This Code of Ethics and Conduct is supported by a series of Compliance Policies with the following objectives:
To develop the principle of zero tolerance for bribery and corruption, as well as to establish mechanisms for the giving and acceptance of gifts and presents by Enagás Renovable employees. See more
Conflicts of Interest Policy
To ensure transparency and fairness in all processes, procedures and decision-making by all Enagás Renovable directors, administrators, managers and employees. See more
Policy on the Prevention of Money Laundering
To develop control measures at Enagás Renovable to prevent the use of business activities for money laundering and to comply with legislation in this area. See more
Ethical Channel Management and Investigations Policy
Establish the mechanism for receiving and managing all communications received through the Enagás Renovable Ethical Channel and ensure compliance with applicable legislation in this area. See more
Policy on Best Practices with Public Officials
This Policy and the internal controls set out in it are designed to prevent breaches of applicable legislation and to ensure that interactions with Public Officials do not give rise to even the appearance of impropriety. See more
Enagás Renovable also has an Ethical Channel available so that both company professionals and third parties that have dealings with the company, such as suppliers, contractors or business partners, can report to Enagás Renovable any behaviour that contravenes the commitments set out in the Code of Ethics and Conduct. Our Ethical Channel can also be used to transmit any concerns or queries related to the Code of Ethics and Conduct, the Compliance Policies and other rules that develop it, or its application.
The principles governing our Ethical Channel are as follows:
Full details of the use and operation of the Ethical Channel can be found in the Ethical Channel and Investigations Management Policy.